Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Carter vs. Hernandez

Nick Evans looked like a savior on Saturday, raking three doubles in a Mets win. He continues to hit the ball well. However, Evans' callup tells us how bad the Mets' minor league system is. Evans is a AA firstbaseman. An infielder. The Mets needed an outfielder. So, you're telling me there is no better option to fill-in in leftfield than the AA firstbaseman? I'm very happy to see a new player out there instead of the bench of retreads that the Mets usually use, like Ordell Anderson or Damian Easley, however, it would be nice to have a legitimate prospect somewhere in the system.

Speaking of Damian Easley.... after skipping a game to attend his son's graduation last week, I was surprized to see him in the dugout yesterday, since I heard his grandpa was having a backyard BBQ he wanted to attend.

I'm officially announcing my candidacy for the New York Mets managerial job. I'd like to thank Gary Carter for giving me the courage to put my name into the discussion. Omar, you know where I am, I'm only a phone call away. My contract with Mets-Thing allows me to leave if I get a Major League job. You know what though, I think I'm going to go ahead and just call Mr. Wilpon, why waste any time with Omar, he doesn't know what he's doing. In fact, I think I should have his job too.

Keith Hernandez really let Carter have it during the broadcast on Sunday, saying that Carter walks around basically "unconscious" to anything or anyone but himself. While Keith himself is also all about his own mustache (Keith's been sporting that short new haircut all year too), he is probably right about Carter. I'm sure it's not bad luck that has Carter managing in an independent league, and not with a major league organization. He must be doing something that people don't like.

*The Rays have the best winning percentage in baseball. Thanks in large part to this guy. He kinda looks familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment