Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Nine in a row

This guy cannot keep getting important appearances. I want to read this in the paper.... "Scott Schoeneweis placed on waivers for the purpose of giving him his unconditional release". Sosa can go too.

The bullpen was supposed to be a Mets strength. I suppose it still is when Wagner, Feliciano, and Heilman are pitching. I still like Joe Smith and his new delivery too. And this Muniz kid doesn't look like he has lights-out stuff, but he's put up good minor league numbers as a closer. I'd rather try someone with potential than keep sending out the same two bozos (Sosa and Schoeneweis).

*Philly has now beaten the Metsies nine straight times. Pelfrey goes tonight to shut that streak down.

*The Mets suddenly have many glaring holes in their team, and I'm not sure how they're going to cover them up.

*Keith had an embarrassing moment in the booth yesterday when he confused So Taguchi with Tadahito Iguchi. It was bizarre, and put both Cohen and Darling into a stunned silence.

*Citi Field standing over Shea Stadium is a little strange. First it looked fucking awesome, then I felt sad that Shea will be imploded, and then the Mets started losing and I didn't care either way anymore. It's a better view than the parking lot was.

No comments:

Post a Comment